Just4Parents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just4Parents

A place for us parents to relax and chat!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Im so confused!!!

Go down 
+4
callumsmummy
danifletch
Kate
katiej
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 7:52 am

Just been to get jaden weighed he is now 15lb 10 hes only 13 weeks old and shouldnt be puttin on this much weight. HV asked if he was on anything else but milk so i said he was on porridge n she started havin a go at me satin he shouldnt b on anything else but milk until he at least 17 weeks. then mil started havin a go sayin i shunt of upped his milk so fast but he wanted more so i gave him more! i am so confussed i dont no wat to do, i feel like its all my fault n that im makin my baby fat!
Back to top Go down
katiej
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 8:16 am

You do what is best for Jaden take no notice of the HV. By the sounds of it he just likes his food you aren't making him fat. If he is enjoying it then i would just carry on doing what your doing!!
I was giving Callum soilds at Jadens age and its not done him any harm!!!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Admin
Admin

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 3:05 pm

how much did he weigh at birth again hun. coz i was lookin at jordans red book earlier,.

at birth he was 7lb 14oz and at 13 weeks old he was just under 14lb. So there isnt much diference between jaden and jordan then.

Dont blame yourself, you are doing whats best for YOUR baby. The stupid HV only tell you what they read from books at uni or wherever they go to learn, us mums learn from hands on experience x

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 3:12 pm

Jaden was 7lb 5 at birth. I just feel as if i am getting critisised (spelling? that dont look right at all lol) for everything i do!! I am just going to tell them all to p**s off he is my child and i will bring him up how i want to!!! He will burn it all off when he is crawling and walking anyway wont he?!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Admin
Admin

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 6:07 am

of course he will. jordan was a really chubby as a baby. but as soon as he started crawling he seemed to even out a bit and not put as much weight on x

danifletch
Enjoying the site
Enjoying the site
danifletch

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 8:46 am

i know u have said u tried jaden on sma white, but why dont u try it again ? if he wonts more he might not be sick on it now cos hese more ready for it,where as before he maybe wasnt? and if he does drink ull find thats all he wwil probably want ?x
Back to top Go down
callumsmummy
callumsmummy

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 7:41 am

its not your fault hun, if he wants it you give it! its the formula that makes babies put on weight!
Back to top Go down

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 1:09 am

Well i have stopped giving him porridge and cut his milk down a little to 7oz atm he seems to be ok but will see how he goes.
Back to top Go down
nuttymum303
nuttymum303

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 5:18 am

I would just do what u feel is best with ur child babe xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.young-mums-n-dads.com/forum/Files/index.php
sam
Enjoying the site
Enjoying the site

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptySun Sep 23, 2007 8:06 am

I agree, I would do exactly the same as you. We started weaning Becky at around 15 weeks, and it hasn't done her any harm.

Health Visitor's never asked her about when we weaned Becky or anything, but then again I never asked her about it, we also never asked about transferring Becky onto full fat milk. We just moved her over and have had no trouble
Back to top Go down
*sydneylolas*mummy
Enjoying the site
Enjoying the site
*sydneylolas*mummy

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 3:43 am

Awww when sydney was born she was 7lbs 14 and at 13 weeks she was 13 pounds i started weaning sydney at 5months the health visitor said there is no rush but milk was enough for sydney so didnt need to do it before but every baby is diff jadens weight is fine he will burn it off when he is more active since sydney has been crawlingshe has hardly put on anything cause she is always on the go lol
Back to top Go down
lisa
Addicted!
Addicted!
lisa

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 9:19 am

aww bless, tell ur HV 2 take runnin jump. ur doin nowt wrong hun, theres nowt wrong wiv his weight, i dnt no how she dare talk2 u like that, mine wunt and if she did it'd tell her wat4 (im bit like that, lol) u do wat feels rite 4 u & jaden, thats all ive dun wiv bth mine, u'd b critasised 2 if he want putin on weight. i wunt worry chick, as long as hes happy, and UR please wiv his progress and not worried bout his weight then who cares wat she says. he'll loose allot of it and weight gain will slow down when hes active and mobile and off playing. dnt worry chick, ur doin gr8 wiv him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Im so confused!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im so confused!!!   Im so confused!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Im so confused!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Just4Parents :: Parenting :: Child Health-
Jump to: