Just4Parents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just4Parents

A place for us parents to relax and chat!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did you breast or bottle feed???

Go down 
+6
tatyleann
nuttymum303
danifletch
lisa
callumsmummy
Kate
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kate
Admin
Admin

Did you breast or bottle feed??? Empty
PostSubject: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 7:19 am

i attempted breast feeding at first and even tho i found it hard i wanted to carry on trying. However, from birth Lily-Mae was sick alot and the doctors told me she was allergic to my breast milk. So i had to switch her onto formula milk.

The vomiting continued and got worse and they then decided she wasnt allergic to my milk at all, it was gastric reflux. So i then tried her on the breast again but she wasnt having none of it so i had to carry on with the formula milk.

Turns out she didnt have reflux as bad as they thought at all....she was allergic to an ingredient in baby milk. they discovered this when i put her on cows milk and the vomiting stopped altogther Rolling Eyes

callumsmummy
callumsmummy

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 7:25 am

awww bless her n u hunni! i breastfed till callum was 8weeks, because he was vomiting all the time i switched him to formula, the vomiting got worse so doctor recommended sma wysoy (soya formula) and the vomiting sopped! he is able to drink cows milk now!
i will be breastfeeding with the next 2
Back to top Go down
lisa
Addicted!
Addicted!
lisa

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 8:08 am

i bottle fed both of mine, i had no intention of ever breast feeding, sorry but it just isnt 4 me.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 9:55 am

lisa wrote:
i bottle fed both of mine, i had no intention of ever breast feeding, sorry but it just isnt 4 me.

you dont have to apologise hun!! Breastfeeding isnt for everyone and to be honest i didnt like it all that much. I didnt breastfeed jordan at all, but just thought id give it a go with lily-mae.

There is so much stigma attached to breastfeeding(if thats the right word to use) and i think its wrong to make women who choose to bottle feed to feel bad. Its wrong in my eyes, women have the choice to feed however they want to

lisa
Addicted!
Addicted!
lisa

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 10:53 am

yeah rite word, totally argee, ech 2 their own. if u wana breastfed then go 4 it, if not then fair enough. i h8 it wen people push it on u and get on ur back bout how u shud int fair and does my head in. its ur decision at end of day cos ur baby and ur body. i just kud neva c myself eva breastfeedin, 2fink of it 4 me is weird. but wel done u 4 avin a go.
Back to top Go down
callumsmummy
callumsmummy

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 3:38 pm

lisa wrote:
if u wana breastfed then go 4 it, if not then fair enough. i h8 it wen people push it on u and get on ur back bout how u shud int fair and does my head in. its ur decision at end of day cos ur baby and ur body.
i completely agree, i decided 2 breastfeed and i decided 2 stop 8weeks after, i was thinking of my boy and not wat any1 else thought xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 1:45 am

I did attempt to breastfeed but dont think i produced much breast milk as jaden wasnt getting any out and i only leaked a tiny tiny tiny little bit so had to go straight on to bottle Neutral
Back to top Go down
lisa
Addicted!
Addicted!
lisa

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 8:02 am

well done 4 tryin, i just couldn't @all. besides fink if i kud i wunt of ad any nipples left wiv either of em cos both big babies and can/kud drink4 england, especially katie wen she was born form day1 she ad 4oz bottle every 2& half 2 3 hrs cos she was so big. i believe in ech 2 their own, its personal choice and hate it wen women get pushed in2 doin somethin they dnt wana do it int fair but ive seen it wiv loads of mums wen i used 2 wk in nursery and they just want happy@ al but did it 2 please ova people round em.
Back to top Go down
danifletch
Enjoying the site
Enjoying the site
danifletch

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 5:36 am

i tried it , but i was soo tired and liam was soo hungrey we was both just very impatient so on the first night he was on a botle ! lol xx
Back to top Go down
nuttymum303
nuttymum303

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:33 am

I bottle fed Alex cos I was ill. Breastfed Haydn when he came home day afterwards once. Christina was breastfed as soon as she was born, but I couldn't get used to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.young-mums-n-dads.com/forum/Files/index.php
tatyleann
Super Star Member
Super Star Member
tatyleann

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 8:08 am

i bottle fed drake because he rejected the breast... no one in the hospital manage to put drake to feed from the breast so i had to give him over a bottle.
Back to top Go down
TheNuttyOne
100% Hooked
100% Hooked

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:34 am

i dont thinks a bad thing to but a baba on the bottle but there so much sticmer with it if u dont breastfeed u do whats right for ur baby
Back to top Go down
katiej
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 8:11 am

Would have liked to have tried breast but i was still a bit out of it after c-section and Callum wouldn't wait for his food so he went straight on the bottle
Back to top Go down
TheNuttyOne
100% Hooked
100% Hooked

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 7:29 am

aawww hunni next time tho???
Back to top Go down
bianca
Enjoying the site
Enjoying the site

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2007 4:27 pm

i bottle fed all mine still bottle feeding youngest and going to do bottle with next one
Back to top Go down
christine1987
Enjoying the site
Enjoying the site

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 6:44 am

i tried to breastfeed jason, but i couldnt produce enough milk so put him on the bottle instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you breast or bottle feed???   Did you breast or bottle feed??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you breast or bottle feed???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Just4Parents :: Parenting :: Feeding-
Jump to: